Hours: 6:00am-3:30pm with OT available
Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Technician maintains injection presses and auxiliary equipment to ensure that they are in excellent working order. Develops maintenance schedules for all equipment to ensure that it is kept in good, safe working order.
- Responsible for seeing that the daily routine maintenance is performed on all molding equipment and that safety guards are checked.
- Works with machinery suppliers to troubleshoot any major mechanical or electrical problems that cannot be solved internally.
- Works with Set-Up and Secondary Technicians to ensure that the monthly maintenance checklist is completed.
- Upon approval, makes recommendations and places orders for necessary parts to improve/repair machinery.
- Assists in the moving of machinery within the plant as well as hooking-up and leveling new machines. Connects plumbing as necessary.
- Performs maintenance functions of auxiliary equipment including mold heaters, grinders and dryers.
- Interacts with vendors and internal personnel to put non-operative presses in working order.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of Maintenance Apprenticeship Program or the equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experience in plastic injection molding environment.
- Ability to weld and operate forklift.
- Experience with Krauss Maffei machines and MC4, MC5, and MC6 control systems highly preferred. Experience with Van Dorn machines also a plus.
Sussex IM is an equal employment opportunity employer. We believe our organization’s success has always been dependent upon the efforts and integrity of qualified people, regardless of their age, race, creed, color, disability, handicap, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, or any other similar characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require an accommodation during the application process, please contact us.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org