We are looking for three individuals (1 per shift) to join our Quality Team! We are looking for individuals who are ready to learn and put their best foot forward in helping our company succeed for years to come!
Under direction of the Quality Manager, the Manufacturing Support /Quality Lead provides additional support for inspecting and assisting Manufacturing teams to make parts to customer specifications.
1st shift: 7:15am-3:45pm
2nd shift: 3:15pm-11:45pm
3rd shift: 11:15pm-7:45am
Pay: $20-$24/hour depending on experience
- Performs required inspection audits per shift of selected molded plastic parts and assemblies produced by the team in accordance with prescribed inspection procedures.
- Utilizes measuring tools to verify specifications on QA procedures and blueprints. In addition, checks color, weight, and general appearance such as flash, shorts, splay, etc., of parts against the specification sheets. Includes checking each selected shot to the blue tag standard.
- Provides inspection results in IQMS and to Team Leader(s), Shift Manager and QA personnel as needed.
- Follows any other specific quality operations related to specific jobs including auditing and rework.
- Notifies TL, Shift Supervisor, QA, or Admin if production does not meet the product standards. Documents all product conditions in the computer system. Follows the Non-Conforming Material Process if product is found not to meet the customer specification. Uses the IQMS MRB system as required.
- Reinforces employee’s awareness of safety policies and the safety equipment required and/ or available to them such as earplugs, gloves, and safety glasses to assure a safe work environment.
- Attends Communication meetings regularly.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Uses good interpersonal communication techniques to work with subordinates and/or co- workers. Is courteous and helpful when interacting with fellow employees. Attends available interpersonal skill training courses. Helps to create a pleasant environment.
- Learns, practices, and supports all Lean Manufacturing tools to assist the Company in the continuous improvement process. Lean Manufacturing tools include 5S, Six Sigma, Single Minute Exchange of Dies (SMED), Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), and Value Stream Mapping (VPM).
- Maintains a safe working environment to minimize the possibility of an injury. Reports any unsafe conditions to supervisor.
Education and/or Experience
- Must be able to read English.
- Must be able to perform basic math skills.
- Must have attention to detail.
- Must be able to interpret blueprints and technical documents.
- Manufacturing/Quality/Injection Molding experience preferred.
Sussex IM is an equal employment opportunity employer. We believe our organization’s success has always been dependent upon the efforts and integrity of qualified people, regardless of their age, race, creed, color, disability, handicap, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, or any other similar characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require an accommodation during the application process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com