Sussex IM is looking to add an experienced Tool & Die Maker to the 1st and 2nd shift team. Hours can be flexible based on the individual. Overtime is guaranteed.
Under the general direction of the Toolroom Supervisor, the Tool & Die Maker lays out metal stock, sets up and operates machine tools and fits and assembles parts to construct, repair and calibrate plastic molds, jigs, fixtures and gages used to manufacture or repair Company products.
- Plans machining and bench procedures and lays out work from blueprints, drawings, models, and other specifications to construct, alter and repair tools, dies, fixtures, gages, etc.
- Sets up and operates various machine tools to work with a variety of metals, metal alloys, plastics and composition materials. Works with boring/drilling machines, EDM, lathes, milling machines, power saws, surface grinders, welders, etc.
- Performs close and exacting bench and assembly operations to fit, align, calibrate, adjust and finish work. Calibrates work while in process and upon completion. Precision fits and assembles parts to produce end items of specified finish.
- Uses precision measuring instruments such as height gage, micro-meter, vernier caliper, optical comparater, master gage blocks for exacting measurement.
- Makes shop computations relating the dimensional sizes and relationships of parts and working tolerance clearances.
- Occasionally does developmental and experimental work as directed.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 5 years experience with thermoplastic injection molds.
- Journeyman Tool and Die Maker or equivalent work experience.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com