A Family Culture Focused On Manufacturing Excellence
At Sussex IM, our success has always been because of our dedicated and loyal employees. We strive to provide a safe work environment in which integrity, respect, teamwork, open communication, and continuing education are encouraged.
We are looking for self-motivated employees for the following positions.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com.
Sussex IM has a great workplace culture, comprehensive benefit package and competitive wage rates!
Sussex IM is looking for Set Up/Injection Molding Techs on 2nd and 3rd Shifts.
2nd shift- 3:00pm-11:30pm
3rd shift- 11:00pm-7:30am
- Sets up molds.
- Sets machine controls to regulate clamping pressure and speeds.
- Cleans entire machine and washes floor around machine for safety and 5s purposes.
- Cycles-in machine and examines samples parts for defects such as flash, sinks, shorts, splay, cracks and closed holds.
- Adjusts machine set up to eliminate defects.
- Arranges work area and assists in the set up of auxiliary equipment as required.
- Verifies that all molding parameters such as pressures, timers, water temperatures and machine heats are properly set.
- Removes molds from press after completion of run.
- Maintains a safe working environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in plastic injection molding.
- Good attendance and punctuality.
- Experience with hanging molds with forklift preferred.
- Ability to lift 75lbs to shoulder height.
Sussex IM is an equal employment opportunity employer. We believe our organization’s success has always been dependent upon the efforts and integrity of qualified people, regardless of their age, race, creed, color, disability, handicap, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, or any other similar characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require an accommodation during the application process, please contact us.
Job Type: Full-time
Hours: 6:00am-3:30pm with OT available
Pay: $25-$30/hour or as determined by years of experience
Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Technician maintains injection presses and auxiliary equipment to ensure that they are in excellent working order. Develops maintenance schedules for all equipment to ensure that it is kept in good, safe working order.
- Responsible for seeing that the daily routine maintenance is performed on all molding equipment and that safety guards are checked.
- Works with machinery suppliers to troubleshoot any major mechanical or electrical problems that cannot be solved internally.
- Works with Set-Up and Secondary Technicians to ensure that the monthly maintenance checklist is completed.
- Upon approval, makes recommendations and places orders for necessary parts to improve/repair machinery.
- Assists in the moving of machinery within the plant as well as hooking up and leveling new machines. Connects plumbing as necessary.
- Performs maintenance functions of auxiliary equipment including mold heaters, grinders, and dryers.
- Interacts with vendors and internal personnel to put non-operative presses in working order.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of Maintenance Apprenticeship Program or the equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experience in plastic injection molding environment.
- Ability to weld and operate forklift.
- Experience with Krauss Maffei machines and MC4, MC5, and MC6 control systems highly preferred. Experience with Van Dorn machines also a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Summary of Position
Senior Project Engineer is responsible for being the complete source of information for all assigned projects. Works closely with other departments to ensure that customers receive quality products on time. Responsible for the development of injection molded components and assemblies utilizing DFMA (Design for Manufacturing & Assembly) principles, sound engineering skills, and other engineering tools. Contributes to the maintenance of a safe, productive manufacturing environment through product and process design. Ensures that assigned projects meet the Company’s financial objectives. Ensures that all work activities are in compliance with the appropriate ISO 9001 procedures. Mentors/trains less experienced engineers in plastic materials, tooling, processing, simulation, and project management. May have one or more direct reports in the role of engineer or engineering assistant. Finds and implements improvement opportunities at the engineering or organizational level.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, & Authority
- Prepares accurate part quotations based on customer design and quality criteria, the manufacturing process involved, and Company pricing objectives.
- Owns cross-functional projects to ensure that financial, timing, and quality objectives for selected projects are met.
- Reviews tooling specifications and quotations for conformance to design, quality, manufacturing, and pricing objectives.
- Designs or oversees the design of products/components using both creativity and sound engineering practices. Prepares sketches, computer-generated images and detailed drawings to effectively communicate design intent to the customer, toolmaker, or CAD designer. Communicates with and travels to the customer and toolmaker as required to ensure all aesthetic and functional parameters are met.
- Runs injection molding simulations to optimize part design, tooling, and processing. Communicates results to the processing team and helps develop solutions to processing issues.
- Prepares and updates project schedules for use by the customer, suppliers, and the internal core team. Ensures scheduled dates are met. Periodically advises customer of project status.
- Monitors product/project costs throughout the design and early production stage. Recommends necessary actions to maintain project margin objectives.
- Leads FMEA (Failure Modes and Effects Analysis) reviews and documents required action items and due dates for completion.
- Designs product packaging to provide safe transport and ease of manufacturing while minimizing cost and environmental impact.
- Accurately and in a timely manner prepares ERP Master Data (Bills of Materials, Routings, Production Versions, Packing Instructions), requests purchase orders, calls design review meetings, and completes all other necessary paperwork per the product development process.
- Responsible for molded sample analysis for conformance to design and quality specifications. Submits samples for customer approval. Completes inspection reports and updates drawings accurately and in a timely manner. Requests process capabilities as needed.
- Periodically reviews production processes against ERP Master Data. Takes prompt action to correct discrepancies.
- Assists in establishing quality standards with the customer, manufacturing, quality, and sales.
- Assists in the resolution of production issues such as high scrap levels, quality non-conformances, etc. Evaluates alternate materials for product/process improvements. Recommends cost reductions and/or quality enhancements proactively.
- Contracts outside services (models, material analysis, first article inspection, etc.) as necessary. Seeks out and evaluates new suppliers as needed.
- Holds overall responsibility for the functioning, training, and maintenance of a project engineering technical system. Examples of technical systems include 3D CAD, Moldflow, etc.
- Assists and trains project engineers as needed.
- Contributes to a creative knowledge environment through the exchange of information with others. Assists in the training of engineering technical assistants. Maintains a clean, orderly, and productive work environment to foster personal and professional growth for both the individual and the company.
- Learns, practices, and supports all Lean Manufacturing tools to assist the company in the continuous improvement process.
- Promotes actions in accordance with the company’s core values by leading through example.
- Constantly looking for continuous improvement opportunities at all levels of the organization.
- Follows Sussex IM’s environmental policies to protect and minimize our impact on the environment.
- Maintains a safe 5S working environment to minimize the possibility of an injury. Acts in a safe manner at all times and ensures that those around them do not put themselves or others at risk. Reports any unsafe conditions to a manager.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as assigned or required.
Required Education, Credentials, & Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a similar technical field.
- Minimum 10 years of engineering experience in injection molding
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of new product development processes and best practices.
- Experience with injection molding simulation and optimization.
- Proficiency in injection molding including materials, processing, tooling, and part design.
- Proficiency in project management practices.
- Uses good interpersonal communication techniques to work with subordinates and/or co-workers. Is courteous and helpful when interacting with fellow employees. Attends available interpersonal skills training courses. Helps to create a pleasant work environment.
- Proficiency in mathematics and/or statistics and problem-solving.
- Good technical writing skills and verbal communication skills.
- Ownership of projects and outcomes.
- Attention to detail.
- Displays a good sense of urgency.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Ability to coach, mentor, and motivate.
- Proclivity towards challenging the status quo.
Traditional or Roth 401(k)
Company Profit Sharing Contributions
11 Paid Holidays
Short-term Disability Insurance
Long-term Disability Insurance
Health Club Reimbursement
is to solve problems to satisfy consumer needs
is to mold and fulfill the future for our employees and customers
are Customer Focus, Ethics, Communication, and Teamwork
Our Core Values
Planning and working with caution.
Molding a bold new future.
Embedded Focus on the customer at all levels.
Making the right choice – not the easy choice.
Working together towards a single solution.